The University Research Office is a consultative and coordinating center for research activities among faculty members and students in the University in line with its philosophy, mission, vision, and objectives. It sets organized effort of carrying out research from planning, implementation, data collection and analysis, data banking, reporting, publication and technology packaging of research results. More so, URC provides avenues for trainings, fellowships, exchange programs, collaborations, seminarworkshops and conferences related to the research activities of the University.
The AUP University Research Office is committed to facilitate the discovery of knowledge among faculty and students in publishing and applying research findings for the benefit of humanity.
To be a leading Adventist institutional research center in the Asia-Pacific region by 2020.
Goals and Objectives
The AUP University Research Office provides wide avenues of research activities in a well-organized, and spiritually-sound environment for consultations, advising, exchange programs, fellowships, seminar-workshops and other collaborative endeavors. URC aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop research competency of faculty members, workers, and students to do quality research by providing them in-house training and sustainable research capability programs and activities.
- Plan relevant research and scholarly studies that are responsive to the curricular needs of the university.
- Increase the corporate image of AUP by initiating studies beneficial to its constituents, to the nearby community, and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Acquire advanced technology and state of the art facilities that will promote high research standards to become an internationally renowned Adventist Institution Research Center nationally and in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Generate funds, endowments, and other outsourcing means to develop a more stable and reliable Adventist Institution Research Center in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Strengthen linkages and networking with international institutions for sharing/ exchanging of research expertise and resources.
- Publish completed research in refereed, ISI/ Scopus journals, newsletters, monographs, occassional papers, and the like, for wider circulation, dissemination, and publication exchanges.
- Assist in the conduct of impact studies that will improve the quality of the programs, processes, policies, and activities of the university.
- Set research directions by providing a research consultant to each college in the university.
- Provide incentives to the faculty members who presented and published their research output in the local and international fora.